**This service is not currently available due to Covid-19. Please follow our socials to keep up to date with future activity. **
Did you know that one of the largest barriers to cycling is access to affordable bikes? At Bike Pool we aim to address this by running a long term, low cost rental scheme for our fleet of 100+ unique refurbished bikes. Rent a bike of your choice for as long as you require (up to 12 months) then simply return it to us hassle free. We will also support you with ongoing maintenance and training!
See below for more information and FAQs.
How to Rent a Bike
Follow these steps to get started!
- Click on the MyTurn button below
- Read the instructions and information carefully
- Set up an account and verify it through your email
- Add a payment method
- Refer to the frame size guide and identify your size
- Browse through the available catalogue of bikes
- Select your bike and the required rental period
- Remember to specify in the notes your preferred pick up location
- Enjoy your new bike!
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any issues or queries.
How much does it cost?
Charges are as follows plus a £70 refundable deposit:
In line with the £70 deposit that is paid upfront prior to renting, each renter agrees to attend at least two Bike Pool ‘Fix-It’ sessions during the period of rental; these are publicized on the ‘St Andrews Bike Pool’ Facebook page and Transition website. The Renter also agrees not to cycle their Bike Pool bike on the beach.
Guideline costs for deposit retention:
- Loss of lock: £10
- Loss of helmet: £15
- Loss of Lights: £5
- Non-attendance of Bike Pool Sessions: £10
- General Neglect: £10
NB: Damage due to wear and tear is not charged.