As the garden leader you have your hands on the reigns. Lead weekly gardening sessions at a growing space of your choosing, decide what gets planted over the year and promote it all through social media.
- Lead a Edible Campus space with suppport from the Transition staff and volunteers to run regular sessions. These can be weekly or fortnightly.
- Demonstrate gardening activities to new volunteers. Lot’s of prior garden know-how is not required, just a hunger for growing food and cultivating good times!
- Using GrowVeg with support from the Transition staff plan out the growing seasons for the year ahead.
- Care for the garden equipment and demonstrate appropriate use.
- Record harvest and volunteer hours during your sessions.
- Support the social media publicity of your garden space.
- Oversee the safety of the session and check in with an up-to-date risk assessment.
- Most importantly… HAVE FUN!!!